Friday, April 11, 2008

Photo student like puppies

Published Originally in the Utah Statesman on Mar. 26, 2008
By JP Parrish
Staff Writer

Danna Lee Ballard

Sophomore

Photography

Danna Lee Ballard said Ren and Stimpy freaked her out. BRITNEY BRENT photo

Utah Statesman: Why did you decide to come to Utah State?
Danna Lee Ballard: My brother goes here and my boyfriend goes here and Noel and Ben, my entourage goes here. I really didn’t look into the school. I just knew really cool people and they said it was fun.

US: Why did you choose your major?
DB: Because math didn’t sound like something I would be into, science didn’t sound so good and photography is fun. I figured I might as well major in something I like.

US: Which of your classes appeals to you most?
DB: Photo classes and all art classes. I took a ceramics class this semester and it just blew me away how much fun it is. It’s probably one of my favorite classes I’ve taken up here.

US: What career do you see yourself working in?
DB: I’d love to do lifestyle commercial photography. I’d love to do documentary photography.

US: If you had a million dollars right now, what would you do with it?
DB: I’d go to Café Rio, and then I would go to DI (Deseret Industries) and buy a bike. I’d pay off utilities, pay off my tuition, and pay of my fees so I could check out books at the library. I’d buy a puppy for sure. I can’t afford one now. Those are small things. A million dollars is a lot more money than a puppy. Let’s just say I would spend it on my friends and make sure we have a good summer.

US: What is your favorite thing to do on campus?
DB: I like to long board on campus and I love the free movies on campus and I like to eat food on campus. I love hanging out with friends.

US: What is the longest distance you have to walk between classes on campus?
DB: Not very far. From the Fine Arts building to the Engineering building. Sometimes when I have an hour before class I like to just walk around campus and walk around the neighborhoods.

US: If you had six hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
DB: Go to Café Rio and buy a puppy. Play volleyball because it’s nice weather.

US: If you could have a superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it?
DB: I’d probably just like to fly around or like in the new movie ‘Jumper’ where they can just move around wherever they want. I like to travel. I could go places

US: What is your favorite Disney movie? Why?
DB: The Little Mermaid. I don’t know why. It just connected. I have every song memorized and I’ve seen it more times than any other movie. It’s still on my top five movies ever.

US: Who is the most scary or evil cartoon villain from your childhood?
DB: Ren and Stimpy just freaked me out. I would try and watch that show and it was just so weird and gross. I never got it.

US: What is the most exotic or distant place you’ve been?
DB: Goah, India. It’s on the outskirts of northern India. It’s just total beach town and farm town. It was awesome. Lots of hippies and fresh juice.

US: Do you know who you are going to vote for this election?
DB: Ron Paul. If he stays in the elections, I’m definitely voting for him. I encourage everyone who thinks he can’t win and who’s voting for someone else to vote for him because if we all band together. Revolution.

US: Who is your favorite teacher?
DB: Mark Duncan in the photo department. He is hilarious. He’s the only person I’ve met that can make a history class entertaining. He’s really good.

–j.p@aggiemail.usu.edu

No comments: